History & Background
Aim & Storyline
Tips & Hints
Tips & Hints
1. The Valkyrie is the most balanced character, but not necessarily the
best. While she can be spectacular in the hands of an experienced
player, she is generally outdone by the Archer/Tigress. The Archer
is not very tough, and her hand-to-hand tools are subpar, but her
rate of fire, running speed, and superior Turbo Attacks make up the
difference and then some.
2. Save every time you return to the Tower.
3. Clear out all hazards before exploring for switches, goodies, etc.
4. Use a potion on poison food to turn it healthy. Also, if you know
that a chest contains Death, using magic on it converts the Reaper
himself into food.
5. Don't go after any of the bosses until you have their corresponding
Legend Item. It's possible to beat them with raw nerve, but you're
missing out if you try to do it the hard way.
6. If you forget something important on a level (an Obelisk, Runestone,
or Legend Item), you'll hear Skorne's mocking laughter as you exit.
7. Your Turbo Level 3 is always preferable to its counterparts,
especially if your Turbo Level 2 only works at close range, like
Valkyrie's. The Archer is the exception as her Level 2 is quite
8. Switch to Secret Heroes as soon as you get them because they get
more benefit from level promotions than normal characters do.
9. Don't forget that you can throw magic as a grenade.
10. Shooting explosive and poison barrels is good unless you're too
close--they damage anything nearby and can usually take out a
generator with one blast. Shooting food is impossible, so don't
worry about ruining any. Shooting magic potions causes them to
detonate at less than full capacity.
11. Pay attention to the arrows on switches if you're wondering about
1. Always target generators before all but the most immediately
2. When a generator is hit, the hit makes a specific sound; likewise,
when a generator is finally destroyed, there is another unique sound.
Get to know these sounds so you can attack off-screen generators.
3. Enemies get "darker" as you attack them, but they don't get any
weaker. Always finish off a foe or he'll keep hacking at you until you
4. Bombers and Bowmen will retreat if you rush them, attacking as
they go. Corner them to kill them from close range or try to snipe at
them from a great distance. Move erratically to avoid their fire.
5. When you hear a Kamikaze roar, stop and inch forward carefully;
they can come out of nowhere.
6. There's no dishonor in dismantling an enemy or generator from a
distance, from behind cover, or from across a gorge. In fact, it's one
of the most important strategies in the game.
1. Use your gold to buy character attribute upgrades rather than
expendable weapons. If you have a character that is very weak in
one category (Warrior's speed), load up on that attribute to balance
2. If there is an item you never use, sell it to Sumner for gold to buy
things you do want.
3. Once you've finished the game, you can begin a new one with a
special advantage. Load your completed game and then start a new
one. Your fresh character will come permanently equipped with an
4. Pay attention to your power-ups--confirm that you've turned them
off when you don't need them or they'll go to waste.